Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Request for Gingerbread Frosting Recipe

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Ok, so, I received my Samantha's gingerbread house kit today... but it's missing the directions! *throws hands up in the air* And the recipe for frosting. I called AG and they said stock on the directions stock is low. So I will either receive the directions in 6-8 days, if it's in stock, or else I'll get a notice that it's out of stock, at which point I'll have to call back and they will send me a whole new kit. I was really looking forward to making this gingerbread house this week. Could someone who has the directions and the recipe for the frosting pretty please type them up and post them here or PM them to me? I would appreciate it so very very much!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wicksasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2005
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is not from the Samanta Gingerbread House kit, but it works great on the larger gingerbread houses I make. I hope this helps.

    Royal Icing
    INGREDIENTS:

    3 medium egg whites
    1 pound of powdered sugar
    1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
    PREPARATION:

    Beat egg whites together until frothy. Mix or sift sugar and cream of tartar together, then add to egg whites and beat until stiff, 5 to 10 minutes.
    This hardens, so don't make it until you're ready to use it and keep the unused portion covered while decorating so it doesn't dry out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you, Wicksasc!

    I'm going to bump this up, though, just in case. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We use the same exact recipe as Wicksasc. It works great!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love royal icing for that purpose. Dries beautifully and doesn't shrink.

    Ashley

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol, ok then, I'll give it a try! Thanks everyone!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •